The session primarily considers the mental health of adolescents and young adults.
The session aims to help parents and carers to:
- Identify emotional distress
- Know where, and how, to signpost children and young people if you, or they, have a concern
- Learn practical strategies to help with listening to, and supporting, children and young people
- Develop your understanding of the wide range of factors and variables that can impact on children and young people’s mental health
- Feel more confident and less fearful having ‘the conversation’ with your child or young person
The session lasts 1.5 hours and includes presentations and group work, providing the opportunity to speak with other parents and carers about young people’s mental health.
Prior to the session, a Zoom link will be sent by email to those who have registered for this event.
This session is free for Oxfordshire residents (use the first part of your post code as a promo code), or £15 for those outside of Oxfordshire.
Get tickets here.