Option A: If you or the person you know has been given a Crisis Line number by a medical professional, call the number
Option B: If you or the person you know are under the care of a local mental health team and have a care plan that states who to contact when you/they need urgent care, follow this plan
Option C: Call 111 (NHS non-emergency call service)
- Try to answer the questions from the call handler with as much accuracy as you can.
- They will determine the most appropriate medical response, including whether you should go to hospital or not.
Option D: Call a charity crisis helpline
- Click here for a list of helplines available in Oxfordshire.
Option E: Book an emergency GP appointment
- Call your local GP (click here for a list of GPs in Oxfordshire).
- Ask for an emergency appointment concerning your mental health.
- Your practise should be able to offer you an appointment with the first available doctor.